Tuesday, 29 December 2009

Transition test

After spending last week preparing and starting renders I have put together one final test to check the transition from Rag stone to Bath stone. This is one test that could only be seen and checked properly through caring out complete renders of the last camera shots, so a lot of faith went into it working. Rendering itself has taken up a lot of time over the last few days, I have found that the occlusion layers are taking a far longer than any other layer to render and I will need to allow more time to compensate.

Test for final shots (low detail and strange ratio, due to movie maker compression to make file small enough for blog):
video

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Really cool piece you got going here! Lovely camera shots of the lit ceiling through the windows.
    As for AO-renders taking up a lot of time, this tut has some helpful tips for baking AO with mentalray, great for architectural renders as this. (www.williamkladis.com/tutorial01/tutorial01.html)
    You might not be using mentalray or you're just not interested in wasting time on this at such a late time in the project. Either way, it's a useful tip for some future projects if not this.

    Keep up the good work! Hope you up the finished piece at some point. =)

    //Snooping X-grad

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks il take a look, the final piece will be on the blog by the end of jan (as long as the file is to big or gets compressed and squashed as the previews have been.)

    ReplyDelete